Tuesday, June 8, 2010

22 weeks training

Ok, so this week marks 22 weeks till the Susan G. Komen 3-day walk in Dallas, TX (Nov. 5-7th).

I joined Weight Watchers awhile ago with my dear cousin Nicole. Weight Watchers hosted a Weight Watchers Walkit 5k Challenge this past Sunday. The loop around a local park was .8 miles. That being said, .8 miles in Texas heat and humidity is not fun. I had my trusty water bottle, but still was not fun. Nicole's husband Jeff joined us for the challenge and was great at keeping track of how many loops we did. I was done, ready to quit but they both kept saying come on you can do it! I love my family, they're the best. I thought we'd only done 2 loops and was about to tell them I'm done when they let me know we'd just done loop 3 and only had ONE more to go! That was very good to know, somehow I'd lost track. NOTE TO SELF: don't eat a small bowl of pasta before walking in heat, it did not feel good I MADE IT THOUGH! Thanks to my cheerleaders Nicole and Jeff!

Ok so back to training for 3-day.......By participating in the WW challenge that completed 1 of my training walks for the week. As I look back on my official training walks I've logged 25 miles, granted that's broken up in 3 mile walks and then my first 4 mile walk last week! I'm too scared to back off training and afraid of getting behind and going oh crud the big event is next week. So no matter what the weather, heat or not. I still walk. If it's gonna be hot like it has been the last few weeks....I walk in the morning at 8 or 9 a.m. at the latest. Texas heat is not to be messed with! I wear a hat and always have a full 33 oz water bottle with me. So far I average about a 20 minute mile and I know I can get in a 3 mile walk in just under or right at 1 hr. There is a park exactly 1/2 mi from my house and a lap around said park is exactly 1/2 mile. So my fabulous support team and training peeps (Nathan and our kids Kaitlynn and Keegan) walk to the park, I get 2 miles in laps done while he and the kids play, and then we all walk home. They get play time with Dad, I don't fall behind in training, it gets done early and out of the heat, it's a win/win for everyone!

Ok, so back to 22 weeks until event! Every week The Susan G. Komen 3-Day For The Cure people send out a virtual personal training email with a suggested schedule to train on for the week. It is amazingly helpful for someone like me who hasn't trained for much of anything in a long time to tell me, Ok, look on Monday you are going to rest, on Tuesday you will walk 3 miles, Wednesday rest, Thursday 3 miles. etc. Each week it changes in mileage. Each week it ups here or there. First week (week 24) there were 4 - 3 mile walks. Last week one upped to 4 miles and this week there is a 3, 4, 5 and a 3 mile walk. Sounds like a lot? Yes, but it is broken up for every other day. Gradually I will build up to the necessary miles needed. Twenty miles each day.........for 3 days. Can I do it? ABSOLUTELY! Will I do it? ABSOLUTELY! Will you do it with me? YES, ABSOLUTELY! Message me and I'll let you know how! Or check the official website at www.the3day.org To donate to my walk click the widget on my blog or click here www.the3day.org/amazingamy Yep, I'm amazing! lol Love you all and hope you enjoyed the blog. I will blog several times a week regarding all things 3day! If you have any questions, just ask!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for your time designed for advertisement the excellent subject matter. As I was ready for something like it. I noticed the application private important. At present go here cash advance carson With a little luck you certainly will continue advertisement this type of blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Faisalabad is one of the biggest cities in Pakistan and the hub of the textile industry. It is widely acknowledged as the Manchester of Pakistan due to its large industrial role. The quality of the fabrics produced in this city has no parallel. In fact, the fabric is something of a specialty of Faisalabad. Many people from all over the country flock to this city for a spot of cloth shopping. We aim to provide you all of the best of Faisalabad at our store. full black punjabi suit , full black salwar kameez ,

    ReplyDelete