Thursday, January 19, 2012

Loaded Baked Potato Soup

Cold weather makes me want soup!
So what did I do, I made some!
Here's what you need:
  • 5 lb bag of potatoes
  • 1 1/2 sticks of butter
  • 8 oz sour cream
  • 1 pkg of real bacon pieces or 1 lb of bacon
  • chives
  • cheddar cheese
optional: potato masher
might need: a little bit of milk

wash the potatoes
Cut up the potatoes into chunks. (slice potato long ways, then down middle of each 1/2, & then crossways about a 1/2 inch wide)


Put potatoes in pot
(I know, you could figure that out!)


add water to cover
 turn on burner medium high-ish

set timer for 30 minutes
let cook

 Watch your pot or this might happen,
 not that this happened to

 take potato piece
out and smoosh it
(checking its done-ness)

 add butter

add sour cream

add bacon pieces



add chives
2-3 tablespoons,
I did 2 palm of my handfuls
salt and pepper to taste
Top with cheddar cheese.........

Voila, dinner is served!


  1. Thanks for making this so easy to follow! I will have to test this out soon! :)

  2. I'm going to try this out for dinner tonight! We love potato soup!!!

  3. Thanks for this recipe, I like recipes that have useful ingredients...I hate to buy an item for 1 recipe and never use that item again. These ingredients are usually always in my fridge/pantry! Thanks again!!